COVID-19 Patient Update
To our valued patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. With the emergence of COVID 19, there are significantly increased requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as Dentistry is one of the highest risk health care professions. There will be a $10 infection control fee per visit for treatment or cleanings in accordance with the ADA recommendation.
You will notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office, and we will take a screening temperature. The in-office screening questionnaire will be required for the patient and anyone accompanying the patient.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find hand sanitizer in some other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We ask that you honor wearing a mask while in the offices (in accordance with city recommendations) and honor social distancing.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to minimize waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- If the reception area prohibits safe distancing, we may ask you to sign in with reception and wait in your vehicle until we are able to call you back for your appointment.
- We will be limiting the number of people allowed in the treatment operatories to the patient only and an immediate caretaker if required.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Your Lee Dental Team